- Date Caught: December 2013
- Trade/Profession: Minister of Oil
- State: Abuja (FCT)
- Case Status: Charged
- Accomplices: Goodluck Jonathan, Andrew Yakubu, Kola Aluko, Jide Omokore
- Listed: April 12, 2014 8:09 am
- Expires: 998736 days, 9 hours
The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN Accused the oil ministry of failure to remit over 20 billion dollars to the federation account in a span of 17 months investigated. Total figures may be more than $127 billion stolen in this grand robbery scandal.
Nigeria’s Minister of the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala admitted to the looted funds in her 25th February, 2013 press statement through the BBC:
“My position on this has been clear from the start. The Ministry of Finance’s reconciliation showed a shortfall of $10.8bn in NNPC remittances to the Federation account. After this, the conflicting claims continued with new figures such as $20bn being mentioned.
“So since 13th February I have called for an independent forensic audit. See BBC.
- Diezani and her co-conspirators are also indicted by Nigerians for stealing $4 million daily in the kerosene subsidy fraud.
- Diezani is also being investigated in a series of fraud charges over gross abuse of public funds to the tune of billions of dollars in maintaining a fleet of private jets in deals through partner jet hire companies.
5017 total views, 1 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.